Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of acetazolamide Oral.

7/1/2009 10:09:31 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this med for 2 1/2 months now, and was just taken off of it. I have began to experience random, odd bruising all over my body, as well as a rash looking like sunburn in areas that were not exposed to sun. I have also had numbness & tingling in my extremities. My Dr.'s want to try Lasix coupled with spinal taps next.

5/3/2009 1:29:44 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
When first started I was on 1500 mg a day, and if I didn't eat with them they made me feel really nauseated. I am now on only 250 mg a day. I found the extended release to be helpful when I was still on a high dosage. I had horrible tingling painful sensations in both my hands and feet, twitching in my hands, and facial ticks. With a lowered dose, all of those have subsided or greatly ... Show Full Comment

3/9/2009 11:18:40 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Cured my CSF buildup.. gotta take 4 a day. Makes most foods taste like crap. Deciding what to eat is a struggle.. Nothing tastes like it should. I can't eat foods I used to love. Still, I can see and my migraines are gone, so I'm happy.

2/24/2009 4:53:58 PM

Reviewer: hotrods girl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medicine for only a week and a half and I have been fine! My back hurt the 1st few days but that went away! I have not had blurry vision or headaches so I'm happy! Also I used to drink 8 cans of Mt Dew a day and within 2 hours of taking my 1st pill it gave my dew the absolute most disgusting taste imaginable! So it helped me do something long overdue! No longer a soda ... Show Full Comment

2/14/2009 3:03:53 PM

Reviewer: jillpach, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
this medicine makes me terribly constipated. my headaches are still there and have alot of popping and ringing in my ears.i only can tolerate one pill daily, and only go "poop" about once a week.and then it ain't nothing nice.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.