Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of acetazolamide oral.

11/12/2014 11:35:16 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on diamox for 4 months now. I was taking 500mg twice a day, now I'm on 250mg twice a day. I lost 15lbs in a month. No idea what my weight is now. My vision is good now, no more black outs. I have been taking Lexapro because I was so irritated, and having panic attacks possibly because I've been going through a lot withmy PTC. I was having my hands, feet and lips tingling and ... Show Full Comment

10/27/2014 4:41:19 PM

Reviewer: ExhaustedMom80, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have what seems EVERY side effect it warns about. Yes I am miserable but the alternative is a shunt in my head. Did a LP(lumbar puncture) but its a band aid fix. Just temporary relief & was back full force. If you look into shunts it is so much more terrifying then what these side effects from this medicine offer. I am on 1000 mg a day. I had mild headaches every morning but lost my some of ... Show Full Comment

7/25/2014 1:16:44 AM

Reviewer: Cheryl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have not even filled my prescription yet!! And after reading these reviews I'm not sure I want to!!! But I have no choice right? My pressure was so high I have to try something, someone please tell me it's not as bad as everyone says!!:((

6/30/2014 12:46:49 AM

Reviewer: Missceeairuh , 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am on 1000 mg a day. Only been on this since June 24. I feel terrible. I don't have any energy. I sleep constantly. I have never really had a problem with heartburn but now I have been getting it daily. My face does tingle.what you read about soda tasting terrible is true but that is good helps me up stay away from them. I can handle everything except the no energy. I feel like a failure wh ... Show Full Comment

6/8/2014 6:54:21 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
this is my second time in my life I've been on it. I get really sick everyday and it's hard to keep up with some daily tasks. It's hard on my body and I used to be told I was allergic to it but my doctors wanted to try it again.