Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of acetazolamide oral.

2/24/2009 4:53:58 PM

Reviewer: hotrods girl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this medicine for only a week and a half and I have been fine! My back hurt the 1st few days but that went away! I have not had blurry vision or headaches so I'm happy! Also I used to drink 8 cans of Mt Dew a day and within 2 hours of taking my 1st pill it gave my dew the absolute most disgusting taste imaginable! So it helped me do something long overdue! No longer a soda ... Show Full Comment

2/14/2009 3:03:53 PM

Reviewer: jillpach, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    this medicine makes me terribly constipated. my headaches are still there and have alot of popping and ringing in my ears.i only can tolerate one pill daily, and only go "poop" about once a week.and then it ain't nothing nice.

11/5/2008 11:01:19 AM

Reviewer: texasmom, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this med for 6 years. When I could afford Diamox Sequels, it was great. Sometimes an hour after taking this, I get extreme pressure behind my eyes. I also have been getting hives for about a year now. Anyone else have these problems?? I thought that I could drink whatever I wanted but maybe that is why soda always tastes flat!! Ha! I wish that there was more research on this awf ... Show Full Comment

11/5/2008 1:40:17 AM

Reviewer: jersey girl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I can agree, if you are a soda drinker you will not be if you are taking this medicine. I can only drink juice or water. This medicine has really helped my headaches.

10/13/2008 4:31:03 PM

Reviewer: Amanda, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    When I was first diagnosed I was given the pills I had to take several times a day. I could not hold down any food and was very confused and drained. After a few months when I changed doctors and complained about side effects they switched me to the Diamox Sequals. I take two pills a day and they release slowly. I still have some side effects some days, but this has been much easier.