Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Hytrin Oral.

5/15/2012 1:06:11 PM

Reviewer: RapidRobert, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It was suggested by my MD to replace 10 mg of Lisinopril and .4 mg of Tamsulosin daily. It is also considerably less expensive tham Tamsulosin.

11/18/2011 12:52:20 PM

Reviewer: Brooks, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am 81 and have used 2 mg. generic Hytrin for over two years with excellent results. From three times, I now get up only once at night. I take it about an hour before bed so that any dizzyness is mitigated before dawn. Have had no trouble getting an erection and ejaculating.

7/16/2011 2:30:35 PM

Reviewer: boxerson, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Well the drug worked it cut down my trips to the bathroom. But the side effects almost killed me. I had terrible chest discomfort, throat was tightened hard to breath and swallow,,I was tired all the time would fall pass out at the computer. It was no fun. I am now waiting for the doctor to give me something else to take. It is still not out of my system and I have some side effects, I was scared ... Show Full Comment

4/25/2011 9:07:11 PM

Reviewer: retiredguy, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Taking 2mg dose before bed time for 4 months has somewhat improved urination symptoms (frequency, urgency) and dropped my blood pressure from borderline hypertensive to low normal. No other side-effects after the first two days (some dizziness after first two doses).

11/30/2010 9:20:57 PM

Reviewer: lnsots29, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Taking this has relieved my constant urination. Once back on it (after stopping it) urination became normal. I stopped it when I started Avodart. Dr. failed to tell me to continue on the Hytrin.) So I was running to the bathroom (literally) all day and nite. Gee.....wonder why the doctor forgot to tell me to stay on the Hytrin with the Avodart?