Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lacrisert ophthalmic.

10/14/2013 8:50:37 PM

Reviewer: cheese, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
this is the bet treatment ever!!! anyone experiencing dry eye needs to try these they are easy to use no different than putting in a contact prob a lot easier I am just perplexed a to why my dr didn't recommend them two years ago it boggles my mind they are awesome and I actually put eyeliner on for the first time in months!!!!!!!

5/14/2013 1:35:04 PM

Reviewer: Nancy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Along with having all four tear ducts plugged permanently and using Restasis and ter drop throughout the day....My Doctor put me on Lacrisert and its th BEST thing I've ever used...I no longer need to put tear drop in my eyes all day long.....it truly is a GREAT medication or DRY EYES....

11/16/2012 1:55:51 PM

Reviewer: Bev, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have sjorgens and I don't know what I would do without lacriserts. They are the only things that work. I am able to live a normal life with them. I have had my ducts plugged and even my own blood drawn to make a serum to put back in my eyes. Nothing works except lacriserts. I am so thankful for them.

4/24/2012 11:31:14 PM

Reviewer: Barbara, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Lacriserts have given me back my life. Before I used them, I was in too much pain to read or use a computer. I wore dark goggle almost all day. I still wear dark glasses at time now, but I am so much better with Lacriserts.

1/24/2012 10:58:03 AM

Reviewer: Twila, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Lacrisert has made my life so much better. With them, I can get about 8 to 10 hours a day symptom free. After that, they begin to lose effect. I have Sjogrens. I have punctal plugs and was using drops all day long. Now I only use drops occasionally. Huge improvement!