Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lacrisert Opht.

1/24/2012 10:58:03 AM

Reviewer: Twila, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Lacrisert has made my life so much better. With them, I can get about 8 to 10 hours a day symptom free. After that, they begin to lose effect. I have Sjogrens. I have punctal plugs and was using drops all day long. Now I only use drops occasionally. Huge improvement!

12/9/2009 12:35:56 PM

Reviewer: bearbone82, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using the Lacrisert for about 4 weeks and have been pleased with the results. The only side effect that I seem to have is that my nose runs constantly. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so have you found a solution? At this point the relief from the dry eye far outweight the runny nose.

7/22/2009 5:27:17 PM

Reviewer: rauhkat, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I had used Lacriserts in my eyes for Sjogrens Syndrome since the late 80's. Then they quite making them. My eyes have gone through a trama time while using other products plus having my tear ducts plugged. I just learned that there is now a generic out and I am excited. I will be using them again. They will save my sight.

7/14/2009 1:58:44 PM

Reviewer: dmf63, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Lacriserts a few months for treatment of dry eye caused by Sjogren's Syndrome. It takes about 6 hours before they become effective, but my eyes feel much better all afternoon. I can actually go several hours without drops.

7/8/2009 3:35:26 PM

Reviewer: merrymary, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is the only thing that gives me any relief from my dry eyes associated with Sjogren's Syndrome. Much more effective than Restasis. I put them in every morning and don't think about them or notice them all day. If I forget them, my eyes are burning by lunchtime so much that I can't read or drive. It takes a little practice to get used to putting them in, but probably no more th ... Show Full Comment