Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of lomotil.

3/26/2009 2:05:20 AM

Reviewer: Anasazi, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I suffered from severe diarrhea (12 to 15 times a day) for several weeks. My doctor finally prescribed Lomotil. What a relief! Before taking this medication I could not get to the hospital for testing to find the problem. Hopefully the problem will be discovered soon. Lomotil has given my life back to me, can't say enough for it.

1/18/2009 4:28:35 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
This drug allowed me to continue working as a classroom teacher. After surgery for Crohn's over 30 years ago, I had severe and chronic diarrhea. I began taking Lomotil at that time. I've taken 4 pills a day since then. I eat anything I want and have controlled bowel movements twice daily, morning and evening. I could not have continued working without Lomotil. I wish they would deregu ... Show Full Comment

1/2/2009 11:43:54 AM

Reviewer: susanjoy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take 2 pills after diarrhea or very soft stool and may need 2 in the evening. I take Nexium which sometime will aggravate or instigate diarrhea. It works well and I don't have to take much.

12/30/2008 8:46:48 PM

Reviewer: angie, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I belive this drug saved my life!i only wish it wasent a controlled drug,and the dr's understood the pain of ibs w/o it. I am now able to live a normal happy healthy life thanks to this med.

12/15/2008 12:27:22 PM

Reviewer: jean frederick, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I am able to take one pill every morning and feel comfortable to go to lunch and shopping etc