Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lupron subcutaneous.

4/29/2012 5:56:05 PM

Reviewer: Madamechan, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am on the 3 month injection of Lupron and I'm doubtful that I will do another 3 month. The side effects for me is: vaginal itching, dryness, spotting, bad breath, weight loss/ loss of appetite, extreme fatigue, severe headache, palpitations, depression, sore throat, mild acne, groin pain, pain in shoulder, legs and lower back, eye puffiness, frequent urination,insomnia, HORRIBLE hot flashes, ... Show Full Comment

4/19/2012 9:58:33 AM

Reviewer: Yakitrog, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have experienced a lot of fatigue, a headache lasting a couple days, an upset stomach/diarrhea in the evenings, and mildood swings.No symptoms that were major and nothing that made me want to stop taking the mediciation. It is part of my IVF cycle/treatment and I will only need to be on this medication for about 10-15 days. 3-4

3/24/2012 5:54:54 PM

Reviewer: Rene12985, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After not getting pregnant and stage 5 endo. I started lupron march 9th. Before my first shot. my cycle was very heavy and i had lots of clots. I was also so down and depressed. I was always upset and mad. Since my first shot, I have had no side effects. My cycle this month was not be heavy and have had just one little clot. Even on my heavy day no clots just the one at the end of my cycle. I am g ... Show Full Comment

12/14/2011 5:22:25 PM

Reviewer: topaz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have had sever hot flashes and night sweats as a result of my second injection. I have also had some really up and down mood swings. However, on a bright note I have had less pain with my endometriosis than before.

11/15/2010 11:44:43 AM

Reviewer: miimii, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Had 6months of once a month shot of lupron to shrink uterine fibroid. i experienced severe hot flashes, depressio, hair loss and darkening of my skin especially on my face.But the most important thing is that it shrunk my 22cm fibroid to 15cm and made the surgery safer and easier,i had a positive attitude though and i take all the side effects as mild changes that will go with time, and most impor ... Show Full Comment