Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Megace Oral.

8/4/2014 5:20:04 PM

Reviewer: marie, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
put on 10ml. twice a day to increase appetite and gain weight. Gained weight and felt marvelous with much energy and pep. I am 79 years old. After 5 days on it the second time I went on it I got very nervous and jittery. I decreased dose and hope that I can regain pep and energy and appetite again this way.

2/24/2014 7:58:30 PM

Reviewer: smudge, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i just started this medication and am now petrified to continue taking it. I am almost 60 yrs old.. significantly overweight and a smoker. My GOD... everyone gains 20 lbs or more is my doctor crazy... i can't do this

12/30/2012 1:59:31 PM

Reviewer: sherre, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Lost a lot of weight;had no appetite got down to83 pounds.doc put me on this med. So far so good. Ive been gaining weight. I crave lots of pasta and I can eat more then 2 bites and. Not get full.I would love to gain at least 20 pounds.

6/25/2012 6:24:07 PM

Reviewer: Lar, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had major chest sugery due to cancer and a section of a lung was removed. The problem was I was in so much for a while I would not eat just waste away in bed. It is my understanding that must cancer patients expire from malnutrition. Well this stuff works for loss of appitite, I eat everything left over in the refreigator and I am gaining my weight back.

2/3/2012 10:39:52 AM

Reviewer: Soulcrate, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
37yrs.5 Children,UN-Employed,Survivor Squamous Cell Carcinoma(Cancer). 3rd Surgery,Tumor/Lesion removal (full) Testicular Re-construction,Skin Graph.I went from 165 lbs/6 ft. to 97 lbs. been on Megace for 1 month @120mg/1time daily(oral sus). I have Gained 20 lbs. 0 side effects, except for i cannot stop eating,and that's just fine W/me! a good support group, and a great attitude combined with ... Show Full Comment