Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mellaril Oral.

7/9/2011 4:04:49 AM

Reviewer: McCaffrey00, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took mellaril for approximately 3 months. It definately helped me to sleep, sort of helped my mood swings, not really any adverse side effects other than occassional heart palipitations, but were short lived and not severe. But I didn't think I needed such a powerful medication for my condition, (sleeplessness, mild mood swings, anxiety, panic attacks).

4/21/2011 10:42:38 AM

Reviewer: notaschizo, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
umm heart dmg ? i was put on this drug while in a mental hospital all i really remember was when they first put me on it i just slept then one day they took me to the er and done what i think was an ekg. i was 10 or 11 when they done this to me i remember very lil from when i was 10 up to 13. my mom use to always joke about how when i came back home i was just a zombie she said i would go to schoo ... Show Full Comment

7/28/2010 1:40:32 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
helps me sleep better

7/25/2010 10:09:04 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
in 1973 i was forced to take 15-75 mg of melarril daily.The "doctor was BARASI SILA in Baltimore,MD. while some friends were perscribed ritalin I knew noone else on mellarill. shortly after beginningh treatment I began experiencing facial grimacing that continues occasionally to this day. I also have what I term a mild form of tourettes syndrome (these symptoms ususlly occurr when I am alone) ... Show Full Comment

12/16/2009 3:51:05 PM

Reviewer: fiftycents, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This drug caused severe blurring of my vision. It caused me to be extremely hyper. I could not sit still. It caused sleep problems,eg:dreams,doing odd things in my sleep. I gained twenty pounds in one month. I was given Cogentin to counter the side affects. I had to get glasses so I could read. To this day I still wonder how I kept from commiting suicide while on this drug. It was horrible.

man rubbing painful knee