Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Minocin Oral.

12/14/2009 8:29:04 PM

Reviewer: Fleurette, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
the minocycline made my acne a lot better. not completely better, but mostly and that's fine by me. definitely beware of side effects, as some people experience them quite severely. I, thankfully, do not, so it works well for me. :)

11/25/2009 3:57:23 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
started taking it 2 1/2 weeks ago for rosaeca and folliculitis. caused severe stomach cramping and the acne did not get much better. in fact the folicuitis looks like it got worse. also made me very tired and caused a lot of heartburn. doctor is switching me to amoxicillin.

5/22/2009 1:45:10 AM

Reviewer: sunluvr, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medicine for about 4 months. I have pretty mild acne but it has seemed to clear up basically all of it. I tan indoors and outdoors and I have experience a couple cases of hives since starting it. I seem to be extremely light sensitive on this medication.

5/12/2009 6:23:33 PM

Reviewer: a_jbishop, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Well,,, I loved the meds but it made me so so sick dizzy spinning nausea man I thought I was dying was in the er,doctors 4 times in 2 days....It really helped my acne but had to stop because the side effects just where not worth it and that means they where really bad!!!Some people can take different things and have no effect I wish that was the case for me with this pill but its not so off to the ... Show Full Comment

3/19/2009 7:59:05 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken mino for about 3 yrs. I have severe acne at the age 36. This seemed to be a great drug, until I started having a lot of pain about a year ago. It got worse and worse affecting all my muscles and connective tissue and even joints. My doctor thought I had Lupus. I lived with crippling pain for a year not knowing it was the my acne treatment that was causing it all. Be careful of t ... Show Full Comment

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?