Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Paxil Oral.

2/9/2008 1:15:28 AM

Reviewer: nicole1983, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Paxil for about a year. At first, it seemed to work, but after about 8 months I went down hill again. I started cutting and burning myself, wanted to die, became bulimic, and became violent. The whole time I thought I was "normal". I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

2/5/2008 6:27:21 PM

Reviewer: llharnold, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication could cause you to gain weight very quickly! I was on Paxil from June 2004 through December 2006 and during that time gained 50 lbs. No other changes in appetite or exercise. When i tried to take off weight, it was very difficult. My doctor finally changed me to Cymbalta when she realized that I had ballooned in weight and she thought that the Paxil ahd something to do with it. ... Show Full Comment

1/23/2008 10:06:06 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this med for 6 years now and it has really helped me stay at a happy medium. Before taking it, I was very depressed and not at all active and now I do feel much better, more likeable and enjoy life more. However; I felt, when I got on this, that I would only be on it for a few years but have found now that I will probably be taking it for the rest of my life. I can't go w ... Show Full Comment

1/16/2008 11:33:35 AM

Reviewer: Sallyerwin@comcast.net, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Dr. Has had me on 20mg. for 30 yrs. I am now 78 and think I should be off.. I also take 0.5 Klonopin twice a day for my Panic anxiety.. I feel like I could be off the Paxil??and take Klonopin when I am sad or anxious..

1/16/2008 11:22:14 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have excema and this medicine has made it a little worse. Also, sensitive to sun now that I am on 20 mg 3x day. Otherwise, it has saved my life~!

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture