Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Plaquenil Oral.

12/1/2008 7:20:20 PM

Reviewer: lesia, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in May of 2007. I am taking 200 mg 2xdaily and 500 mg cellcept 2xdaily - no longer need prednisone(as high as 60 mg daily).I had some hair loss in the beginning,which I attributed to the SLE. Can't say I experienced any side effects from the plaquenil, my bloodwork is always perfect as of 11/08. I've had one flare-up since being diagnosed. I've considered going off the ... Show Full Comment

11/10/2008 7:19:14 PM

Reviewer: Sawwhetowls, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Great alternative to other meds. I still need steroids, but it helps.

11/5/2008 5:07:30 PM

Reviewer: LBVal, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It causes me to have a racing heartbeat and I get pains as well, which is disturbing. I've taken 100 mg for 4 weeks now and haven't seen any benefit to the medication. I have no appetite and have lost 7 pounds due to pain in my stomach and nausia. The only way I can counter the anxious feeling this med brings on is Xanax, and I don't want to use the drug, but it's the only thing th ... Show Full Comment

11/2/2008 1:10:29 AM

Reviewer: lupuswoman, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for five years along with methotrexate. I have stopped it and really did not feel any difference. My MD wants me to continue the med stating it helps me...whatever.

10/31/2008 12:37:48 AM

Reviewer: Chris, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am finally free of pain. Can move joints freely. No side effects at all. I also have Sjogrens and RA. I hope to never get off Plaquenil.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver