Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Pravachol oral.

9/23/2012 1:49:42 AM

Reviewer: pravastatin, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    leg cranps, headaches,vision

11/13/2011 11:02:54 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm 90 yrs old. Started taking pravachol on 9/14/11. On 11/25/11 I had a terrible pain on my right side under my ribs. My blood test revealed my liver enzymes were very elevated. I'm stopping it on my own. My doctor sent me to have an ultrasound and a nuclear goldbladder test. He shoudl have reviewed my chart and asked me to stop it. Lesson: do your own checking on all drugs and procedures ... Show Full Comment

9/23/2011 12:22:37 PM

Reviewer: Carol, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Hip, thigh and lower leg pain. Tiredness, Waking after 3-4 hours of nighttime sleep, with inability to go back to sleep. Unusual amount of urine.

8/28/2011 7:37:50 PM

Reviewer: Brian, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I got this Pravastatin Sodium 40mg from my doctor for high bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol. I took it twice at bedtime as directed. Upon waking on the third day, I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt a little, as though I had run a lot the day before. I hadn't worked out for several days prior to taking this drug. My ankle and feet joints hurt. There was no muscle pain. There w ... Show Full Comment

8/6/2011 4:39:35 PM

Reviewer: patti, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have tried this medication twice now taking at bedtime with no food. I have noticed swelling in feet & ankles. Stomach upset: extreme gas, acid reflex ( I take prilosec 20 mg ), dizziness, headache & it's causing my sciatic back pain to act up as well. I have Arthritis & feel this med is causing it to flair up. Stopped and will look for another med for my Cholesterol!