Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of pravastatin oral.

1/19/2009 4:29:03 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Too many side effects. Aching-muscular and joint. It feels like I have an increase in painful arthritis. Same thing happened with simvastatin

12/30/2008 4:11:55 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Worked great on my cholesterol, but nearly did me in. Side effects slipped up on me, at first I just thought I was getting mild arthritis, but the pain just kept getting worse until I hurt all day and all night. Talked to my doctor and have stopped taking. I Will Not Take This Medication Again!

12/21/2008 11:16:24 PM

Reviewer: mbest, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed 40mg i think the dose is too high. I have been sicker since i started this medicine.

12/19/2008 5:49:10 PM

Reviewer: Searcher99, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have experienced sleep disturbance, early waking, and nightmares, as well as dizziness and confusion, with doses of 80 mg, 40 mg, and 20 mg. I am inclined to discontinue and try a more aggressive diet. The side effects seem to affect only a percentage of the population, but for those of us affected, the drug does not seem to be worth these effects. I had switched from Simvastin, which produced t ... Show Full Comment

12/16/2008 10:55:12 PM

Reviewer: mystcstar, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For yrs my chols, for many years was 500, fasting 12+ hours. It runs in my family. I was found to have fatty liver in 2007. My body was producing the choles. I was not eating the fat. I had no coverage for drugs and dr switched me to this drug for $4.00 a 30 day suppy at walmart. Tests still showed 250, after yrs on these meds, but my dr added this combined with baby asprin, and 4000 to 6000 M ... Show Full Comment

Check your BMI.
Woman running
And how to fix them?
Check your BMI.
Girl drinking orange juice
How to keep yours at bay.