Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synthroid oral.

5/27/2009 2:55:23 PM

Reviewer: rludlow, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I've been taking 0.15 mg of synthroid for thirty years. My doctor says my th is high which means I must cut back on the amount of synthroid I take. Is this correct?

5/27/2009 7:56:13 AM

Reviewer: Terri, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    i have been telling my doctors for three years that it is eating up my stomach. Of course they told me that was impossible. Thyroid medication has never caused this problem. Now i've finally gotten to the stomach doctor and find my has been eaten up and i know have a serious stimach disease. I've also put on weight. the higher the dose, the more weight. They insist I keep taking this witho ... Show Full Comment

5/24/2009 11:58:38 AM

Reviewer: auntie brin, 65-74 on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had great experience with taking Synthroid. The only thing that concerns me now is what it is doing to my bones. I was told that it depleted the cal in your bones. My hand and feet and joints hurt so bad lately. I would like to take a more natural suppliment but don't know which one is safe.

5/23/2009 10:28:42 AM

Reviewer: Coati, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had my thyroid removed, the right side when I was 12 and the left side a year ago at age 35. I have been on synthroid for the last year. I have never weighed more than 125 at 5'7 usually around 115 120, I weigh almost 160 now, my appetite has increased, I am moody and find that sometimes I just can't concentrate or fall asleep at my desk. My dosage has been changed a couple times bu ... Show Full Comment

5/21/2009 3:57:47 PM

Reviewer: Catt23, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have only been on this med. for a few days. Reading all the sides effects from everyone here makes me not want to take this. Already have a weight problem don't need more if this is what it does.

diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.