Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Synthroid oral.

4/10/2009 9:24:46 AM

Reviewer: SueEllen, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on synthroid 50 mcg. for approx. 1 year. I have gained most of my weight back after giving birth 2 years ago and i too am feeling worse than before I took the meds. I am considering a 2nd opinion and stopping this medication. My scalp itches all the time and my skin is so dry that it looks scaly. I am in a lethargic funk most of the time and I have a hard time concentrating. I can ... Show Full Comment

4/10/2009 3:55:02 AM

Reviewer: ASHLEYDAWNCZ21, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I HATE THIS MEDICINE. I FORGET TO TAKE IT AND WHEN I DO TAKE IT I FEEL EVEN MORE TIRED AND I FEEL LIKE I GAIN EVEN MORE WEIGHT NO MATTER WHAT I DO.

4/8/2009 10:24:30 PM

Reviewer: kgardner, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I was put on this drug to counteract my under active thyroid condition. At first, I was OK. Gradually, I gained weight, have developed a rash and my stomach constantly growls, even after eating. I have also noticed increased frequency of migraines and symptoms appearing to be depression (I have not been diagnosed with this). A sort of mental fog also has appeared.

4/7/2009 10:04:10 PM

Reviewer: Regina, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm just starting Synthroid as of 4/07/09. As of today,my symptoms have been fstigue,muscle aches,crying at the drop of a hat,moodiness,shortness of temper,almost to the point of not being able to tolerate people.This is very difficult when you work in the public.My sex life is nill,not even having it.All I want to do is sleep.I pray this medication helps with balancing things out.I used to ex ... Show Full Comment

3/29/2009 9:57:19 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)