Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of verapamil Oral.

6/17/2008 11:28:44 AM

Reviewer: Moody Blue, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Verapamil 80 mg. (twice a day) for one week, as well as Triamterne HCTZ. I have not noticed any changes in my blood pressure - 180/110 this morning. How long does it take before this drug kicks in? Also, I feel like I'm about to faint at any given time of the day. I'm planning to go to the cardiologist, but I don't want a medicine that'll make me gain weight which ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2008 6:32:39 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine has made me light headed. I'm always tired. I have even fainted once.

4/14/2008 11:27:59 PM

Reviewer: cinful, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken Verapamil SR 120mg once a day for 10 yrs. to slow my heartbeat down and help my heart to relax and pump more efficient. I notice that when I don't take it my chest will hurt. So taking it everyday is very important.

3/16/2008 6:49:04 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I found you can not take vitamin D in any form with this. It has caused a hesitant conditon in my pulse rate. The pulse beats alright for some beats then stops a second and starts again. My doctor said she had heard of vitamin D interfering but I was the first she had seen with this condition.

2/7/2008 11:38:29 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I do have the constipation but I am using benefiber and that helps. I also urinate a lot more than before but I guess that is a good thing. I like this drug very much.