Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of verapamil oral.

3/28/2013 2:45:08 PM

Reviewer: jo, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I been taking (calan) verapamil since 1988 for high blood pressure. I am now taking 240 mg verapamil and 25 mg of losartan potassium to control bp. My pulse in the morning drops to high 50's. br is usually around 125/70. I watch my salt content and avoid caffeine. I was taking diovan but asked the doctor to switch me to losartan because of cost. I also take hydrochlorothiazid, tamsulosin ... Show Full Comment

1/28/2013 1:00:38 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
IT LOWERS MY HEART RATE BELOW 60, WHICH DO NOT THINK IS RIGHT.

8/8/2012 9:43:14 AM

Reviewer: Pat, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Have been on this for over 10yrs.Have no complaints It works for me and is the only bp med I can take because I had kidney cancer in 1998-99.With only one kidney,I can no longer take bp meds that have any ingredient that removes water from kidneys.So far am very pleased with my medication.

4/21/2012 10:25:58 PM

Reviewer: Ronnie, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
heart block - low heart rate

3/5/2012 9:23:54 PM

Reviewer: beyond comprehension, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
In 2011 I had to stop taking 180mg of verapamil, on this for 14 months...horrific side effects. My b/p was always low at home, but high when I saw her. Now, my Dr. has placed me back on this med at 120mg...I am not happy. I tried to explain the severe dizziness, but she ignored my conserns about this med. Just one week into 120mg, and I am coughing, and so cold, and have episodes of not breathing ... Show Full Comment

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
Tips to kick the habit.
richly colored hair
What your hair says about your health?
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
Girl drinking orange juice