Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of verapamil oral.

3/28/2013 2:45:08 PM

Reviewer: jo, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I been taking (calan) verapamil since 1988 for high blood pressure. I am now taking 240 mg verapamil and 25 mg of losartan potassium to control bp. My pulse in the morning drops to high 50's. br is usually around 125/70. I watch my salt content and avoid caffeine. I was taking diovan but asked the doctor to switch me to losartan because of cost. I also take hydrochlorothiazid, tamsulosin ... Show Full Comment

1/28/2013 1:00:38 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
IT LOWERS MY HEART RATE BELOW 60, WHICH DO NOT THINK IS RIGHT.

8/8/2012 9:43:14 AM

Reviewer: Pat, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Have been on this for over 10yrs.Have no complaints It works for me and is the only bp med I can take because I had kidney cancer in 1998-99.With only one kidney,I can no longer take bp meds that have any ingredient that removes water from kidneys.So far am very pleased with my medication.

4/21/2012 10:25:58 PM

Reviewer: Ronnie, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
heart block - low heart rate

3/5/2012 9:23:54 PM

Reviewer: beyond comprehension, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
In 2011 I had to stop taking 180mg of verapamil, on this for 14 months...horrific side effects. My b/p was always low at home, but high when I saw her. Now, my Dr. has placed me back on this med at 120mg...I am not happy. I tried to explain the severe dizziness, but she ignored my conserns about this med. Just one week into 120mg, and I am coughing, and so cold, and have episodes of not breathing ... Show Full Comment