Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of labetalol oral.

7/2/2009 3:52:30 PM

Reviewer: kjnross06, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Update on this mediaction. I have been taking Labetalol for about 5 months now. I still have horrible scalp tingling! It has helped control my BP, but the fatigue is still a problem. Def not the Rx for me.

5/27/2009 4:48:44 PM

Reviewer: jetmac, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Originally on methyldopa, my bp began to skyrocket after birth of my 3rd child. Methyldopa only mildly effective, but I was not on it long. Doc switched to labatelol with no directives on taking with food. Made me dizzy extremely fatigued and nauseated. Pharmacist changed label on next refill to say take with milk and food. That helped the above symptoms, but my blood pressure has not changed ... Show Full Comment

5/17/2009 8:11:10 PM

Reviewer: bbeaubrun, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on these med for 5 years have had every side affect you can name not to mention light headness and 60 pds weight gain over about 1 year. i take 1200mg. Joint, arm pain the leftarm is the worse. it doesn't allow me to sleep wake me every few hours. sleeping is also a problem. iI have to change this med is killing me.

5/7/2009 1:05:09 PM

Reviewer: kjnross06, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with hypertension at the age of 25. Heart disease runs in my family, predominantly in the women. I am 5"8, 145 lbs, and would consider myself healthy besides the high BP. I was prescribed Labetalol first and just went back to have my Rx changed to a different med. I was on 200mg once a day. I experienced tingling of the scalp and that I could deal with... but the 5lb weight ga ... Show Full Comment

5/4/2009 9:26:59 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Blood pressure remained on a roller coaster ride with this drug. when I lower dose blood pressure sky rocketed. Have to rushed to the E R. Some dangerous stuff. Went back to Atenolol.