Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Methimazole Oral.

7/17/2008 11:24:34 AM

Reviewer: Queenie_B, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
When I took this drug my joints and muscles hurt so bad I could barely move. I found it difficult to get out of bed because I was exhusted when I woke in the morning. My doctor would lower my dose, things would get a bit better but I still couldn't fully participate in my life. I decided to change doctors, he changed my drug and dosage and I am much better now.

7/8/2008 9:19:22 AM

Reviewer: southerngirl24, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this drug for 3 months now. I have lots of leg cramps, I feel like I have heartburn all the time and my hands get weak feeling. I am also still taking the beta blocker. I just want it to all go away!

6/11/2008 11:12:59 AM

Reviewer: Female (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland
6/10/2008 12:37:22 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for about 30 days now and it is working just great. I only have minimal side effects which are better than the effects from the hyper-thyroid. I am no longer shaky and anxious unless I dont take the medicine. i do not have the severe night sweats anymore and my appetite has gone down to a normal level. The only side effect that i have really noticed is that if yo ... Show Full Comment

6/9/2008 4:41:52 PM

Reviewer: tinia, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for a little over a month..I have been able to sleep better. I now have a problem with my taste buds. I can't taste the flavor of foods but I can taste the sweetness. no more day and night sweats. did have some heart palps but that recently stopped a few days ago. checking with Dr on the taste buds and minor leg cramps.