Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Methimazole Oral.

5/10/2008 9:51:00 PM

Reviewer: Sennia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism,,,, since taking this meadication i am sleeping better and my profuse sweating wherever i went or whatever i did has ceased,,,,,My Dr, says prolonged use is dangerous !! I have been on Carbimazole for 3 months nowAustralian Brand name,, I am to have nuclear mdication to check for goitre nodules etc,then if present will have my thyroid gland destroyed through ... Show Full Comment

4/22/2008 1:39:56 PM

Reviewer: Jane, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking this for 6 weeks and I've been very tired, dizzy. Difficulty sleeping and itchy legs.

4/15/2008 7:11:01 PM

Reviewer: Colleen, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
My thyroid is up and down. too high and then too low.

3/4/2008 9:36:06 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have found it has caused pain in my back,shoulders knees. My whole body seems sore. I have difficulty climbing stairs,walking any didtance at all. Tired all the time.

2/18/2008 9:33:11 AM

Reviewer: PennStateNittanyLions-GoState!, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Hello, My doctor is still trying to find the right dosage. I lost about 50lbs due to the Graves Disease, but I have gained 20lbs back and that has been a bummer, but other than that I don't have any major complaints. I have noticed that if I stop taking it I will get very ill; the shakes, nausea, vomiting, chills and a migraine. I don't know, I'm still in the process of finding the ri ... Show Full Comment