Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methimazole oral.

8/19/2008 6:46:21 PM

Reviewer: on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    My APL levels went way up and I had to quit taking this medication. Once I was off, the APL levels were lower, but not back to normal levels.

8/17/2008 7:44:49 AM

Reviewer: ask4erica, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on the meds about 6 months off and I have a developed a very bad cough to the point where I will vomit sometimes other than that the meds work 5mg tab

8/12/2008 11:42:06 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    They started me on 10mg twice daily along with a beta blocker. Within 36 hours, after taking 3 pills, the combination caused my blood pressure to drop to 85/40 with a pulse rate of 40. I was taken by ambulance for emergency stabilization. The next day after being off both drugs I was normal and told to only take one dose, 10 mg of methimazole. I now have severe fatigue, muscle spasms, ach ... Show Full Comment

7/17/2008 11:24:34 AM

Reviewer: Queenie_B, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    When I took this drug my joints and muscles hurt so bad I could barely move. I found it difficult to get out of bed because I was exhusted when I woke in the morning. My doctor would lower my dose, things would get a bit better but I still couldn't fully participate in my life. I decided to change doctors, he changed my drug and dosage and I am much better now.

7/8/2008 9:19:22 AM

Reviewer: southerngirl24, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this drug for 3 months now. I have lots of leg cramps, I feel like I have heartburn all the time and my hands get weak feeling. I am also still taking the beta blocker. I just want it to all go away!