Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Maxzide Oral.

9/16/2011 1:48:04 PM

Reviewer: webmd.com, 75 or over on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:

Condition: High Blood Pressure
8/22/2011 10:38:09 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was taken off this medication because Giant Eagle Pharmacy could not fill my prescription because they did not have the medicines.

8/11/2011 3:09:14 AM

Reviewer: Angel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Maxzide for between 5 and 10 years. It was prescribed for high blood pressure but it has been wonderful drug in controlling my ankles and feet swelling. BUT the drug store has been trying to get it back in stock, it is on back order for the last 4 weeks. Something to do with the manufacturer. W/O having access to Maxzide my legs swell terribly from the knees down. Dr. put me on Bume ... Show Full Comment

8/9/2011 2:33:45 PM

Reviewer: CHSSCNATIVE, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I didn't eat in the morning when I started taking this. I was really sick for a week. I finally figured out that I had to either start eating breakfast or take after I ate lunch. I was not overweight before, but I lost 15 lbs from fluids & changing my diet (very low sodium). I have been taking for 3 years and I usually stay within 5-8 pounds of my weight. No side effects at all since I eat ... Show Full Comment

7/17/2011 9:42:57 PM

Reviewer: Mietzekatze, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I got horribly dizzy and drowsy like never before! I stopped taking it and I am fine. My usual drug -- triamterene HCTZ Cap 37.5/25MG is "on backorder from all drug manufacturers" -- whatever that means!!!! Meanwhile, I have gained 5 pounds: pure water.

stressed working woman