Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of naltrexone oral.

9/22/2009 10:01:01 PM

Reviewer: kyara970, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    After being a heavy drinker for three years, I decided enough was enough. I haven't been able to abstain on my own for more than a few days, so after some research, I asked a physician for a prescription. It is only day one for me on 50mg so time will tell. But I did not drink nor crave a drink today. I took the pill at noon and noticed mild nausea (almost immediately), and also have been ... Show Full Comment

6/28/2009 11:15:19 PM

Reviewer: My Maggie, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    After 3 months of taking this med Iam still drinking as before. Whats next?? any suggestions?

6/2/2009 12:52:49 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
    5/28/2009 11:47:40 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was prescribed naltrexone (50mg daily) as part of a recovery program. Initially, I had some significant side effects, especially persistent low-level nausea. I was taking the daily pill at night; the nausea seemed to be worst fisrt thing in the morning. Fortunately, after about 10 days, the nausea went away. I think using naltrexone has probably helped my recovery, but it's hard to say h ... Show Full Comment

5/5/2009 11:17:28 PM

Reviewer: yoyoyou, 25-34 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    The first day I took my 50mg I thought I had been run over by a truck. I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I sick too my stomach - barely able to not throw-up. I only take have the dosage now, but I am so pissy, crabby, a bitch on this stuff. I hate it. Does it go away?