Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of naltrexone oral.

5/5/2013 7:07:30 PM

Reviewer: continue1, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have drank since I was 17 and became an alcoholic. Not able to quit on my own. Now I'm 44 years old and dr. prescribed this medication and I call it a wonder drug. It worked great for me.

4/24/2013 10:17:28 AM

Reviewer: BilboBaggins, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After 22 years of drinking and now completely unable to control it once starting and having periods where I can finish two bottles of wine plus a little more if necessary, I decided to try the medicinal route to changing things. Therapy and counselling has helped me resolve childhood issues and made me happier in general but this habit of not being able to drink reasonable amounts and relapsing ba ... Show Full Comment

4/18/2013 7:51:17 PM

Reviewer: Berry, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
It does not work for me.6

4/1/2013 1:29:35 PM

Reviewer: anon, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Have no desire to drink, however I feel very funky. I have a slight headache and feel like I would when hungover. Took 50mg. Going to reduce dosage to see if this will eliminate the grogginess. Want to continue,I think the benefits will outweigh the negatives.

3/23/2013 8:52:57 AM

Reviewer: ErikE, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am a chronic alcoholic and abused alcohol severely for over 25 years. Naltrexone has been a Godsend for me, and I implore you if you are struggling and failing with alcoholism to give this a try. It literally helped save my life. When I take Naltrexone, the desire to drink alcohol is completely gone for me. I mean completely gone. Normally, even in periods of sobriety, I have an overwhelming des ... Show Full Comment