Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Restasis Opht.

2/23/2014 5:50:11 PM

Reviewer: Trish1225, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had previously tried Restasis and gave up after two months because I didn't feel that it was working. My doctor asked me to try again, but to try for a longer period. After 3 months, I could tell a huge difference. It's now been 6 months and my eyes feel wonderful. The trick is to keep using it to give it time to work. This drug has been the answer to my dry eye problem.

2/20/2014 12:14:24 PM

Reviewer: EyeCarly, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication because of dry eye; the dry eye caused my eyes to water constantly. After giving the Restasis months to work, my eyes are no less dry, and water just as much....but now they burn and get sharp pains in them too. The sharp pains I'm experiencing are significant. Considering going off the drops.

2/10/2014 11:05:49 AM

Reviewer: char, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
My eyes are fine in the morning until I take the drug. After that they burn & even look irritated for several hours. If I go out in the sun they are even worse. I've taken it for over 9 months and plan to ask my eye doctor if I can stop!

2/8/2014 3:56:39 PM

Reviewer: RJB, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
This drug is unsatisfactory in resolving my mother's dry eye issue. It causes the eyes to turn red, burns, and makes them feel like something is in the eye. It is over-priced and the instructions say to use one vial per treatment causing waste and further expense to the patient. Further, while your eyes are red and burn, the drug maker says you will not see a change for months. Sorry, a ... Show Full Comment

2/7/2014 9:21:27 PM

Reviewer: acamp11, Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Restasis is the only product that has helped me with my dry eyes. I even tried the plugs before, those didn't help at all. The only downside for me is cost.