Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Restasis ophthalmic.

3/11/2008 8:00:36 PM

Reviewer: Icanseeclearlynow, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
For years, I was suffering from dry eyes and had eye pain, blurriness, and difficulty opening my eyes when I awoke in the morning. After a few days of using the Restasis, I have noticed a huge improvement. I no longer use eye drops throughout the day or gels at night. I have a slight burning sensation after inserting the drops, but it doesn't last long. It really helps to press on your tea ... Show Full Comment

2/29/2008 4:18:08 PM

Reviewer: scootercats, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It seems very wasteful to throw away such expensive medication. It burns a little, have been using for about six weeks. No improvement yet, time will tell. Over the counter drops are so much more soothing to my dry eyes.

2/21/2008 9:38:44 AM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Although the drug is expensive, it has helped with my dry eyes. I went to my eye doctor because I thought I needed a prescription change. He said my eyes were extremely dry. He recommended I try Restasis first to see if my eyesight improved and it has. I get a slight burning sensation when I first use the drops but it disappears quickly.

2/12/2008 11:14:35 AM

Reviewer: mizunderstood, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The side effects I have experienced: burning, itching, redness, blurred vision and runny nose, are far worse than the dry eye problem I was previously treating with over-the-counter natural tear replacements. The medication is very expensive and is not worth the price or the discomfort for me. I was unable to return my unused vials at the pharmacy. I'd recommend researching this product thor ... Show Full Comment

1/13/2008 11:42:41 AM

Comment:
For some reason, I haven't experienced any of the burning sensation that others have. It took a few weeks to really make a difference but it certainly has.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture