Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Restasis ophthalmic.

1/14/2016 10:45:34 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Restasis faithfully for nearly 4 years now, supplementing with gel eye drops at night and high-quality eye drops during the day and my eyes are even worse than when I started with the dry eye problem. Not this drug nor anything else I have done has helped. My eyes are now bloodshot red all the time and burning.

1/8/2016 12:27:10 PM

Reviewer: Mimi3, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have extreme dry eyes. I have been using Restasis for a year now, with no obvious relief. I even tried steroid drops for a temporary trial, but those really scared me, so I quit using them. I have had punctual plugs which are awful and had to be removed. My eyes are continually burning, itching, feel like I have rocks in them, and are red. Very uncomfortable. I also use other eye drops dur ... Show Full Comment

1/3/2016 7:11:42 PM

Reviewer: Patient's daughter, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My Mother landed in the ER from taking this drug. It's awful and should not be on the market. She suffered heart, respiratory and vision issues. I am now providing 100% care for her as she is so weak and drained. Stop this drug. It should NOT be on the market

1/2/2016 3:52:49 PM

Reviewer: Zion Frost, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Restasis for eight months. The drugs seems to help in one eye, but has given me 'Foreign Body Sensation' in the other eye and I am forced to wear a patch on that eye to relieve the twitching and sensation. My insurance company now questions the effectiveness of treatment with Restasis and has raised my payment from $45/month to $192/month. I am now reverting to convention ... Show Full Comment

12/24/2015 9:17:44 PM

Reviewer: kato531, 45-54 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was worried about trying this after reading the many negative reviews but have very dry eyes and my opthamologist strongly recommended it. The burning is typically short lived and only seems to occur at night. Been using it for 4 weeks and big improvement. Rarely need to use artificial tears during day now.