Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of restasis opht.

3/11/2009 1:06:44 PM

Reviewer: carlreck, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I think that restasis is effective for reducing dryness in my eyes, but my vision is getting so bad since I started taking it. I'm going to stop using it in hope that it'll improve. It's like looking through a dirty window-very unclear vision. It started after about the 1st four weeks.

2/26/2009 6:08:39 PM

Reviewer: kwikkleen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Restasis for about 3 weeks. So far I am experiencing burning when applied about 90% of the time. I still experience scratching at night. It takes about 4-6 hours for my eyes to adjust after using. Reading becomes difficult in the early hours of the day, clearing up by mid day.

2/20/2009 9:38:20 AM

Reviewer: cmg, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have worn contacts for 40 years; after menopause my eyes became very irritated; after treating the inflammation with steroid drops, I again got reflux tearing. The ophthalmologist recommended only using preservative free lubricating drops, Occusoft cleanser weekly, and warm compresses daily for blocked meibomian glands. After this was improved, I started on Restasis with great results. Within a ... Show Full Comment

2/17/2009 6:06:10 PM

Reviewer: judi, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have only been using for 2 weeks. I understand it will take 6 weeks to obtain the full benifit. I sometimes scratch the cornea at night, which increases the burning when I use it. I really hate anything in my eyes making it difficult to administer the drops.

2/8/2009 1:40:40 AM

Reviewer: JoJo, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
Much advertising was seen on commercials. Restasis seemed the answer for my dry, itchy eyes.This drug was not effective. Also, I was in the mid part of my insurance and this drug cost me over $400.00 out of pocket.