Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Restasis ophthalmic.

2/23/2010 2:43:58 PM

Reviewer: Sundlower, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor put me on Restasis for dry eye and told me it might take a year before I noticed any significant improvement. I have now been on it for two years and haven't seen any improvement at all. My prescription has run out, and I quit!

2/23/2010 12:57:38 PM

Reviewer: Joy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I didn't know I had severely dry eyes until my eye doctor pointed it out. My eyes were itching often but I thought that was just normal, or maybe I was wearing bad mascara. Since I have been using Restasis twice daily, I notice a significant difference in redness, itchiness and dry eye. In fact, if I forget to use the medication I often am reminded by now having a sense of a dry eye. It is li ... Show Full Comment

2/3/2010 4:44:59 AM

Reviewer: Joely, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The dry eye part really helped my eyes. I could hardly wear my contacts anymore. After about 2 wks, I could wear my contacts for several hours again. The side effect that I have had -- I do not see anywhere on here or in "side effects". Evidently, my skin is allergic to the drops. Beside my eye- where the tears may seep out at night, my skin looks chapped and hurts, and is very red. ... Show Full Comment

2/3/2010 1:44:27 AM

Reviewer: judy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My eyes were driving me crazy with the burning, hurting and feeling like a foreign object was in them. Went to an ophthamologist who diagnosed "no infection," recommended artificial tears and sent me on my way. Very expensive and not very helpful. Tried various brands of artificial tears and gels. None really helped. Went to my optometrist who diagnosed moderate-severe dry eyes with scra ... Show Full Comment

1/19/2010 11:06:34 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This has been a miracle drug for me. I had been using artificial tears every 1 1/2 hours. Started using Restasis - zero side effects - and within 3 weeks could cut back to artificial tears once every 2 hours, and after 6 weeks once every 2 1/2 hours. But the best part is that my eyes feel normal again, which they never did with artificial tears alone.