Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Xolair subcutaneous.

11/5/2008 5:06:50 PM

Reviewer: cwk, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This is magic medicine! It took about 5 months to start working for me. Just about when I was ready to call it quits on the shots, the Xolair did its thing. I was on high dose steroids all the time before and never could get my asthma symptoms under control no matter what combination of medications we tried. My quality of life had really deteriorated. For someone 31 years old, I felt like I had t ... Show Full Comment

11/2/2008 8:20:14 AM

Reviewer: lisa, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
before xolair I was on some type of steroids monthly. I haven't required any steroids in 4 years and have not had a asthma attack either. I now can sit on my front porch with out having trouble breathing. taking a deep breath and yawning is amazing I couldn't believe how much air I was able to breath in. It improved my quality of life tremendously.

10/26/2008 5:37:35 AM

Reviewer: GiGi, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is my second round with the injections. After one year of injections (2 every 2 weeks) I decided to stop for awhile-went off for about 8 months only to find my symtoms returned and asthma began controlling my life again. My asthma began at age 39. (Currently I receive 3 injections every 2 weeks and am symtom free! The day of the injections I do feel tired so I time my appointments for later i ... Show Full Comment

10/20/2008 7:13:24 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
doctor visits evry 2 weeks were difficult. i felt great for about three months, then i got a terrible rash,very itchy from the xolair. Haven't had an injection for 6 weeks and i am starting to wheeze again at night and my eczema has returned full force. Doctor says cant have it any more because i am allergic to it.have had asthma for 29 years.

10/16/2008 10:19:50 AM

Reviewer: BigRedEO, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm only giving one star because I haven't been on Xolair long enough to see if it works. I have only just started Xolair, but someone told me they read if you go off of Xolair, your IGes return with a vengeance ten times more than before. Is this true? Does anyone know anything about that? Would that mean if I really get into this (I've only had two injections so far) that I'm ... Show Full Comment