Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of cholestyramine with sugar oral.

6/21/2014 7:42:48 AM

Reviewer: CEK, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    My diagnosis is microscopic colitis. This med worked for about 2 weeks, then my diarrhea returned. My doc prescribed using it 3x a day, but I found on several websites the prescribed amount is 2x a day. So on days I missed a 3rd dose, I didn't worry about it. But wonder if that is why my symptoms are returning, as I've been traveling extensively and typically only get 2 doses in, occasion ... Show Full Comment

7/7/2013 3:43:11 PM

Reviewer: Gigimama, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Unfortunately for me this medication has not worked at all. I have a colostomy due to cancer and have had at least 15 move-ments per day. but I keep taking it until I see my doctor again but I don't think there is anything else out there to take.

12/23/2011 9:47:10 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    chronic diarrhea post colonoscopy. would like to know the reason why after the procedure.

10/28/2011 12:34:22 PM

Reviewer: Florida Woman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Have been dealing with nausea, cramping, diarrhea for the last 5 years after my gallblader surgery. Finally my GI doctor prescribed this medication. I am a complete different person, it has changed my life as I do not wake up every morning with "morning sickness" and I do not have to be afraid of eating and going to the bathroom all the time.

6/21/2011 11:57:18 AM

Reviewer: Amanda, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I dealt with chronic diarrhea for years after my gallbladder removal. All the doctors I saw told me I just had to deal with it. Finally I went to Mayo Clinic and the gastroenterologist prescribed this medication. I am finally able to eat without fear! I drink it every morning with very cold water. I don’t mind the taste or grittiness too much, it is way better than the alternative. If I don’t take ... Show Full Comment