Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hydroxyzine HCl Oral.

2/12/2014 12:03:12 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
When I take this medicine in daytime I feel very sleepy. I have taken it at night but I do not see any improvement. I am still itching and have tried Vanicream.

2/11/2014 9:52:33 PM

Reviewer: Hank, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take 10 mg 4 times aday. It gives some relief but less and less as time goes by. My Dr. says she's giving me the max dose but I have wondered if there is another medication that would do a better job or something to work in conjunction with the Hydroxyzine HCl (?).

1/13/2014 8:45:33 PM

Reviewer: KATIE, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
1PILL AND I SLEPT FOR HOURS IT DID STOP THE ITCHING.NEXT TIME I TOOK 1/2 A PILL SLEPT FOR 8 HRS AND IT DID STOP THE ITCHING DONT LIKE THE SLEEPING.

1/11/2014 8:40:44 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is a great medication. It has been used for itching, runny nose, anxiety, calming me down & helping me sleep.

1/7/2014 2:47:16 AM

Reviewer: Yeesie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for severe allergies. One pill did nothing so I took a second pill. DRUG DOES NOT SEDATE I now take 2 together with hopes that it will build up in my system/body and stop the itching from my severe allergic reactions.