Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Wellbutrin XL Oral.

11/20/2007 2:39:14 PM

Reviewer: lovernotalearner, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'd previously been on Effexor XL - side effects included weight gain and impotence. After spending a year getting off of it, and another year trying to stay off of Anti-depressants altogether (cognitive therapy as alternative) I threw in the towel and sought 'something new' from healthcare provider. Aside from forgetting to take it some days, I seem to tolerate it well. I've no ... Show Full Comment

11/17/2007 2:59:28 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After 7 days on this medication, I developed a severe case of hives everywhere on my body, which required a visit to the emergency room. Apparently, my body was not happy with Wellbutrin.

11/16/2007 4:09:53 AM

Reviewer: Afghan-Iraqi Veteran, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have PTSD and have been prescribed several different mood altering drugs to control my depression and mental anguish. Overall this drug has worked rather well for me and produced fewer side effects than the others I have taken. There is no cure all and everyone has bouts with breakdowns, but realizing how well this has controlled the mood during the good times is important, thanks.

11/15/2007 5:05:13 PM

Reviewer: Twyla, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The side effects, were killing me,constipation, trouble sleeping, and muscle and joint pains were serve like someone beat me up.

11/15/2007 9:37:08 AM

Reviewer: me2, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Been taking 300mg 1x per day for a little over a year now for my depression. Out of all the other drugs I have tried, this is the best by far. I felt like my old self within 2 weeks. I have not gained any weight. It actually curbs my appetite. And no sexual side effects. The side effects I have had are; Difficulty concentrating, and trouble staying asleep. I have tried to stop taking it but, o ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee