Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Junel FE 1/20 (28) Oral.

10/9/2013 11:42:30 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Junel Fe for about 8 months, and have experienced symptoms similar to what I've read on here- mood swings, bloating, and excessive weight gain (20-25 lbs maintaining the same eating and 5x/week exercise habits). I liked it initially because it was free with my insurance, but it is so so not worth it. I'll be switching to a different bc this month.

9/18/2013 10:31:22 PM

Reviewer: Sambam, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
So I have never been one to write reviews but I thought after always reading them I should share. I have been taking this birth control for almost 4 weeks. It's awful so far. I have bloating, I look like I am 5 month pregnant. I'm a small person. I have had the WORST mood swings. I want to cry one minute and punch somebody in the face the next then I am normal. I had really bad cramping an ... Show Full Comment

9/15/2013 3:18:47 PM

Reviewer: TheBoomerang, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Basically, it does it's job, but I have been having so many bodily issues since I started taking this: chest pains, abdominal pains, extremely strange periods, headaches, and mood swings (more than in the average teenager) to name a few. I am genuinely considering changing to another birth control; all of the issues I'm having just haven't been worth the trouble.

9/1/2013 6:32:57 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am now 20, but started taking these pills when I was 17. They've been okay the last few years, I don't really know if it made me lose weight because I was a lot heavier at 17 than I am now. My period completely stopped at age 19 and I didn't have a period for what seemed like a year. I would spot occasionally, or have a very light to non existent period. I have been struggling with d ... Show Full Comment

9/1/2013 11:42:22 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
After reading others' reviews, I am convinced a lot of strange things happening with my body are from this pill. Spotting, severe mood swings, bloating, gas, not sleeping and ZERO sex drive. Was on Loestrin previously and never had any of these issues. I've stuck it out for 6 months. I think I'm going to go back to a hormone free birth control.