Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Junel FE 1/20 (28) Oral.

3/19/2009 7:11:08 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started Junel the first day of my period and the next day i had a lot of thick clots. The good thing was my period only lasted about four days with my norm being 7-8 days. The side effects i experienced right away were headache, bad fatigue and nausea which went away after a few days but what really scared me was the pain in my left arm and chest and shortness of breath that started about 20 min ... Show Full Comment

11/12/2008 7:18:22 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on Junel for ovarian cysts and pain during my period and since starting Junel, I haven't had any problems with my ovaries and the pain has gone down a lot. I've been on Junel for over a year and haven't had any problems with it. I haven't had any painful cysts re-occur or irregularity with periods. I haven't had any problems with weight gain or acne either.

9/30/2008 2:44:59 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this about 5 months ago, after having been on Ortho Tricyclen Lo for 4 years. Just two months ago I stopped getting my periods...which I assume is because of my body adjusting to the change in hormone levels after 3 months of being on Junel Fe...a little nervous and not sure why this change has happened. I have not been sexually active recently so that cannot be the problem of a p ... Show Full Comment

8/27/2008 10:53:45 PM

Reviewer: Lincoln, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I switched to Junel FE 9 months ago and have had no side effects and no pregnancy! I would say that my sex drive increased as compared to my previous birth control pill.

5/2/2008 8:15:00 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started Junel to take the place of Estrostep Fe, which is a triphasic or "low-dose" OC. Junel has caused me amenorhea, weight gain dispite diligent weight loss efforts, and stomach bloating and GI upset. I will switch back to the low dose OC.