Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Junel FE 1.5/30 (28) Oral.

5/5/2010 3:40:18 PM

Reviewer: wrigh2ca, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
While this pill has been successful (so far) at preventing pregnancy, it is the worst oral contraceptive I have ever taken (with the exception of Barr Laboratory's other "wonderful" drug, Sprintec). I gained 8 pounds in the first ten days of starting the drug, retained an unnatural amount of water, have had trouble sleeping, and I am consistently irritable. Not to mention that it m ... Show Full Comment

4/2/2010 3:39:54 AM

Reviewer: moodygrl, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just switched from Ortho lo and I have had breakthrough bleeding nonstop. I have also had some crazy mood swings. I know that these things may be caused by my body getting used to the drug, but it has been no fun so far.

10/14/2009 11:18:39 PM

Reviewer: hannahg, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
so far so good im in on my second month. prob too early to tell and def too early to give too negative a review. just had a period and it was very light. hoping that my sex drive is not affected liek it was with ocella. no one here has reported low sex drive so thats good. my doctor gave me a sample of loestrin and the insurance covered generics, so i am on my first week of taking junel. I ... Show Full Comment

10/6/2009 1:11:03 PM

Comment:
I am so happy I am not the only one out there with this experience! I was so worried when the breakthrough bleeding was worse this month. The only pill that ever worked well for me was discontinued, so my doctor put me on this pill and I have not been happy with it.

9/21/2009 7:49:46 PM

Reviewer: Janja, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on LoEstrin Fe for years with no side effects. I've taken it continuously so I haven't had a period or PMS symptoms in 2yrs. I was switched to Junel Fe 1.5-30 (Generic for LoEstrin Fe) and have had severe PMS symptoms the past 2 months. Bloating, cramping, break through bleeding, breast tenderness. Just called my doctor today and switching back to Branded LoEstrin FE!

man rubbing painful knee