Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prilosec OTC Oral.

12/24/2009 12:06:27 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This drug is such a relief! I have had really bad heartburn for a long time. I have been taking this drug for almost a year now and the only time I ever have heartburn is when I stop taking it. Well worth the money!

10/22/2009 1:00:45 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I been taking one a day for at least 6-8 years,has worked very good for me. Had taken others but would never last. Wandering about any side affices, don't think have had any.

9/19/2009 11:06:22 PM

Reviewer: JimW, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Prilosec OTC for more than 10 years and have been very satisfied. Switched to generic version about a year ago and it seems to work just as well. However, after reviewing some of the comments about weight gain, I'm beginning to wonder if mine is a side effect. I workout daily and have most of my adult life but in recent years have gained about 30 pounds. Until reading some o ... Show Full Comment

7/21/2009 3:51:48 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
This treatment does work very well for heartburn and gerd but I stopped taking it due to the side effects that I had, and the long term effects that I recently learned about. I do not think that it should be sold otc,and I would not take it on a long term basis.

6/21/2009 12:12:13 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taken Prilosec for over 10 years but at present I am having severe problems with bowell movements; being thin, short, and small. I had a colonoscy which is normal done Nov.08. jjBy this time feces were like a ribbon but now the problem is worse. I go to have BM 2 or 3 times in a period of 15 minutes and I don't feel that I have had empty my intestine. By the way I am a Pediatric ... Show Full Comment