Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of TriNessa 28 oral.

4/22/2009 10:53:06 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't had any problems with TriNessa, and I've been taking it for 8 months. I originally switched from Yaz because it was way too expensive, and I didn't notice any differences at all! Overall I'm happy with it.

4/19/2009 7:59:57 PM

Reviewer: 0002005dingidog, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been on Nuva Ring for about 5 years & it had gotten expensive b/c of insurance $50 every 3wks. Anyway I decided to try a pill they gave me the generic 4 orthro tricyclen which is Trinessa this pill SUCKS!!!! The 1st mo I went thru a box of tampons b/c of breakthrough bleed 3mos in & I'm still having breakthrough bleeding 4 3wks b4 my period. I'm extremely tired, sleepless nig ... Show Full Comment

3/13/2009 4:30:04 PM

Reviewer: nadi, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking TriNessa for Birth Control about nine months ago, but it has done great things for my periods as well. I used to have horrible cramps and vomiting with every period and I no longer have any vomiting or serious cramping. No weight gain, no excessive hunger. I do have headaches during my period after starting this drug, but they are treatable with Tylenol, so not very serious. I ... Show Full Comment

3/4/2009 4:15:19 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This medication made my periods horrible, bad mood swings and I am beginning to believe this has caused me a lump in my arm pit-not sure if thats what it is from but never had a problem with such before. Seeing the dr. tomorrow about this. Also bad acne and I have never had acne before. I have stopped it completely and will never take it again.

2/5/2009 1:33:41 PM

Reviewer: Mina80, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this BCP for 6 mos now and I will say that its effectiveness has worked fine. I had one episode of break through bleeding. When I do miss, I do double up and never had a missed period. When I first started them I did experience horrible mood swings, and do think from time to time I do get them. I never gained any weight, or experienced increased hunger. I did notice some facial br ... Show Full Comment