Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tri-Sprintec 28 oral.

8/18/2014 10:03:24 PM

Reviewer: taytaym, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using this birth control for about 5 months now. Its the first form of birth control I've used. I've had acne for a few years now and honestly I haven't seen much difference until about a week ago. I've experienced mild nausea and heartburn, nothing too serious. Not to sure about effectiveness due to the fact that I haven't had sex until about two weeks ago and I st ... Show Full Comment

8/13/2014 7:37:33 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on tri-sprintec for almost 4 years now and I've had 0 side effects since the very beginning. I had minimal cramps before taking BCP, and now I get them even less frequently. It only made my period SLIGHTLY less heavy, unfortunately. Overall I've only had positive experiences.

8/13/2014 1:00:29 AM

Reviewer: Edith, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Well I just finished my first pack. I didn't experience any side effects whatsoever but during my placebo week, my cramps were unbearable. With my last birth control pill, i never had cramps. So this is something i'll have to get used to. I was hesitant to try this pill because I read so many bad reviews on it. But, so far, so good. Except for my periods, they are painful. But, hopefu ... Show Full Comment

7/14/2014 4:15:51 PM

Reviewer: Colleen, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

7/9/2014 3:38:57 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
So I was extremely excited to start this birth control. I had been on a few different ones. I switched to this one because my insurance changed and this was the easiest option. I got implanon taken out. I loved implanon and had it in for 3 years. I switched to tri-sprintec. The first week went pretty well. I started it on the sunday after my period like it said to. The first few days I was REALL ... Show Full Comment