Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hydroxyurea Oral.

2/22/2014 8:18:53 PM

Reviewer: embeze, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking hydroxyurea for about 7 years. Just now getting severe side effect of trigger finger, especially if given a different brand of this drug. I would love to take something else, but without it, platelets are 1.5 million. Platelets have been fluctuating between 650 and 250, depending on how much exercise I'm doing, while taking this medication.

12/30/2012 6:21:58 PM

Reviewer: DaveBo51, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed 11 years ago with polycythemia vera and ET. I have taken 1500 mg every day since that day. I have had my white count up to 18 and as low as 4. My hair has thinned very much. No other problems with this drug.

12/17/2012 8:47:54 PM

Reviewer: jlguzzy@aol.com, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on hydoxyurea for two years then I got a new Dr.. The first words out of his mouth at my first visit was "you need to stop this medication now,if you dont I can guarentee in 2o years time you will acquire lukemia because you are on it" Blew my mind that the Dr. that put me on it didnt tell me that nor the next Dr.Be careful who you trust.

2/20/2012 1:09:15 PM

Reviewer: Tony Z, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had Polycythemia vera for about 5 years now. Have taken this med for about 4+ of those years, all my numbers are normal and it has helped me immensely

10/13/2011 8:59:47 PM

Reviewer: Piggybanke, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Polycythemia Vera. I started with two 500mg daily and after four months my numbers were looking very good and heading towards normal range. In week four, numbers went back up. Dr. changed me to 1000 mg every other day and 1500 the other days. I get my blood checked next week. Also scheduled me for two weeks of phlebotomies. I am hoping for the best.