Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lortab Elixir Oral.

11/6/2013 11:12:26 AM

Reviewer: futuremd205, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am currently taking this drug after a tonsillectomy. The taste is not that bad, it is like any other liquid medicine. It burns on contact but the pain is gone within minutes. Since tonsillectomy recovery is a two week process, you get used to the side effects (dizziness, etc). And as long as taken with food, nausea will not occur. Good luck with this medicine!!!

8/6/2013 4:52:55 PM

Reviewer: LindaO, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Flavor isn't great, but it works well for me. I had my stomach removed due to stomach cancer, so finding Meds of any kind that 1) work, 2) is absorbed in the small intestine, 3) is not an NSAID has been a challenge. The cancer is gone (caught very early) so I have to be careful of long term issues as well so I have kept my dose low.

6/25/2013 11:58:39 PM

Reviewer: Skyla425, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
With out a doubt the hardest drug I've ever had to take. I'd rather have a suppository than drink this! Tastes so bad it makes me vomit and the dosage amount you have to take just to ease pain is to much. After a stomach surgery I wasn't allowed any pill larger than a skittle so I was prescribed this, it's so foul that I informed my Dr.and got fentanyl instead. Jäger tastes 5x ... Show Full Comment

7/26/2012 2:43:27 AM

Reviewer: silvertop, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had severe viral throat infection. Was prescribed for pain. Hated the dosage was in ML ( had to determine 15 ML = fluid oz on internet. I had 3+ glasses of water before bedtime, but had VERY little urine a couple hours later. Decided to stop aftr 1 dose

7/8/2012 10:51:51 AM

Reviewer: Dizzy Patient, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had to have a cyst removed from my throat and this was prescribed as a pain reliever. It burns like fire going down and tastes horrible. I have also never been so dizzy in my life but I can swallow without pain.