Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prometrium oral.

6/15/2016 10:30:52 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking this medication 4 years ago. I am pre-menopausal and it really helps with the mood swings, anxiety levels, hot flashes and sleeping (mostly) I have severe insomnia. My periods were never normal so I can't really speak about that side of things. But I am really glad the doctor prescribe this.

3/11/2016 8:54:21 PM

Reviewer: GoingToSeed, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I am going to be 50 in a few weeks and have been taking prometrium for about 6 months. The peri-menopausal period of my life has been hell until prometrium. Now I no longer have the horrendous heavy bleeding (from 7 days to 3 days) and clots or extended bleeding anymore every 2 weeks. My ferritin and iron levels have normalize and I feel human again. I love this hormone replacement.

8/11/2015 10:20:20 PM

Reviewer: cleigh14, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I've been on this for 2 months and have experienced depression and severe mood swings, spotting (although the doctor was trying to convince me there's nothing to worry about with the spotting...the whole point of me taking this drug is so that I can get pregnant and sustain a pregnancy because I have super low progesterone levels; spotting is really terrifying to see when you're trying ... Show Full Comment

5/13/2015 10:59:24 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years

Comment:
    This pill is very round and difficult to swallow. It stays stuck in my throat and is very painful. I tried everything to swallow it with water, food and it still stays lodged in the throat for the whole day until it dissolves. Too bad because it works wonders but the swallowing is difficult for me

11/4/2014 8:16:42 PM

Reviewer: ms, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I take it at supper time. I get drowsy and dizzy. I'm glad I chose to take this during a time where I don't have to travel. I can deal with it as long as I continue taking in evenings. So far, I have seen little to no change in my bleeding. I have taken this 7 days as of 11/4/14.