Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ethambutol Oral.

12/2/2013 10:06:50 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this medication for about 6 months when my vision was severely affected. I cannot drive at all. I can only read, do computer work, use my cell phone with the aid of a magnifying glass. Been off med for 7 weeks with no improvement. Scheduled to see a neuro specialist.

8/7/2013 10:05:47 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Experienced nausea, extreme sweats, hot flashes, dizziness and a rash resembling ezema. Continued treatment for six months which concluded in negative sputum sample, but had to discontinue due to side effects.

11/10/2012 2:58:18 PM

Reviewer: Jeanne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for 3 months now and I have noticed my vision is getting worse by the day. I think I am also going deaf. It is very tough medication to take! I am right now weighing the decision to stop taking them.

7/26/2011 12:59:33 AM

Reviewer: MSarge1980, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Started of with a severe case of MAI that put me in the hospital for long periods of time. Medication is to be used in combination with Rifampin and Azithromycin. Problem: had to leave Rifampin because it was severely dropping my platelet count to critical condition. Platelets are doing som much more better with also the addition of Prednisone to keep those levels up. Only two docotrs out there wh ... Show Full Comment

12/3/2010 10:27:39 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have a very rare infection Mycobacterium Mariniem in my left arm. The doctors told me I contracted this from working with a fresh water pond I have on the property I work at. We irrigate the grass and trees with this water. I have never been so misdiagnosed before from so many doctors. In any event I am now on this drug plus a host of others and I'm not sure for how long. It has terrible sid ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee