Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ORTHOVISC IAtc.

6/27/2015 10:43:02 AM

Reviewer: Ham, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Let me give you the key to helping Orthovisc work. Had 1 shot=no change 2nd shot=about 3 days after BOOM NO PAIN!!!! But all along I used the 360 GEL Sleeve made by Veridian Healthcare to ice it down. The best I've felt in 3 months. Also I used a tens unit knee wrap at night. It's a process. Give it time and a try. Hope this may help others and by the way I take no pain meds for my conditi ... Show Full Comment

6/19/2015 4:02:03 PM

Reviewer: Poohtig, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
The night of my third injection, my knee swelled up the size of a basketball and I had to have emergency surgery to drain it and I am still not able to walk after 3 weeks.

6/19/2015 12:18:19 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I received a series of injections of orthovisc in hopes that my knee pain would diminish. Well, about a week after I received my last injection, my knee filled up the size of a peach. Talk about pain and discomfort! My doctor drained 4 viles of fluid from my knee. I'm not sure why I didn't great results as some others have, but I sure wish I would have!

3/17/2015 8:21:42 PM

Reviewer: liber8tor, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
66 year old male. Osteoarthritis. Had torn meniscus and knee scope surgery. Had the last of 4 injections of orthovisc. Knee pain is awful. No relief. This drug is very expensive.. $250 per injection for the orthovisc plus $200 for the doctor to do the injection. Doctor won't give me any pain meds because the DEA does not allow it. My primary care will not allow me to take anymore Tylenol bec ... Show Full Comment

3/6/2015 8:19:04 AM

Reviewer: judygutie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The first shots were very painful. The second ones, not so much. I am still going to have the third shots. I can already tell the difference in the paint - much, much less pain.

chest x-ray