Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ORTHOVISC IAtc.

8/31/2014 5:24:10 PM

Reviewer: JustTim, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm 60 years old and have osteoarthritis in one knee which I was told was the result of knee ligament surgery many years ago after a skiing accident. I had the three injections several months ago. My knee was so painful with osteoarthritis I could hardly walk. I'm now doing a 2-mile walk up and down steep hills carrying an 80# backpack as a daily exercise. I had worked from 15# up to 65# p ... Show Full Comment

7/22/2014 12:21:57 PM

Reviewer: Erin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I am 45 yrs old and have been getting Orthovisc (and sometimes Synvisc) shots for over 10+ years with EXCELLENT results. The effectiveness of a shot series lasts approx 1.5 years. To date I have not had any side effects other than tenderness at the shot site which is helped by 1-2 days of on\off icing (2-3 times\day).

7/21/2014 2:13:16 AM

Reviewer: Lisa, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It's been almost three weeks after my third injection and I've had no relief of pain. Today it felt worse than it has in a month, with new stiffness and aching on top of normal pain. I'm not sure what's next, as I have very mild arthritis and a few very small bone spurs, no tears, etc. I have stumped the doctors. Go me.

7/14/2014 2:56:21 PM

Reviewer: Dcapers, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 58 year old female. I have been very active up until 9months ago when i tore my meniscus due arthitis moderate arthritis. unable to take pain medication or non steroidoils.I had a knee debriedment took 2 months to go back to work.then I had steroid injections with some relief in pain for a few weeks. It is now 5months since my surgical debriedmentstill having pain. First injection went well d ... Show Full Comment

7/13/2014 2:16:06 PM

Reviewer: evelyn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
very painful after the third injection .when the Dr. was injecting the ortho visck I almost fainted ,lots of blood ,and the next day black and blue.the injection worsen my pain,maybe was not injected properly.

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?