Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ORTHOVISC IAtc.

8/11/2011 2:11:54 PM

Reviewer: JoLock47, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Both of my knees feels like they are frozen when I stand up from sitting down. Especilly a long period of time.

7/19/2011 4:48:14 PM

Reviewer: Lucky, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have moderate to severe osteoarthritis in left knee. It had gotten so stiff and painful I could not bear to bend it to walk and had to cut out walking for exercise and spend a lot of time icing and heating my knee---prescription meds were not working. I had the third shot today. People are saying how painful they are; I was told that they do get a little more painful with each one and that was n ... Show Full Comment

7/19/2011 2:11:26 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had only one injection which was exquisitely painful followed by significantly worse pain than I was initially treating. Listed side effects did not cover this type of reaction and dr. said he hadn't had other patients with this reaction. After reading input from others, I realize I am not alone. I feel angry that I was lied to.

6/1/2011 10:13:31 PM

Reviewer: Robert, 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have had three injections. I got intial relief followed by intense joint pain far worse than what I sought treatment for. There would be good days, and suddenly bad days would follow with no reasonable way to predict how I would feel. I am now two weeks past the third shot. I went 8 or 9 days feeling OK. The last several days have been bloody hell.

5/31/2011 12:09:28 PM

Reviewer: Battlespace, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The Dr I see for my OA and torn meniscus recommended Orthovisc injections 4 months ago. Why did I wait? I am now working in the garden, walking, exercising and in general feel so much better. The only negative is now I notice all the other little aches and pains that were so minor before that I didn't know they were there.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture