Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ORTHOVISC intra-articular.

6/19/2015 12:18:19 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I received a series of injections of orthovisc in hopes that my knee pain would diminish. Well, about a week after I received my last injection, my knee filled up the size of a peach. Talk about pain and discomfort! My doctor drained 4 viles of fluid from my knee. I'm not sure why I didn't great results as some others have, but I sure wish I would have!

3/17/2015 8:21:42 PM

Reviewer: liber8tor, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
66 year old male. Osteoarthritis. Had torn meniscus and knee scope surgery. Had the last of 4 injections of orthovisc. Knee pain is awful. No relief. This drug is very expensive.. $250 per injection for the orthovisc plus $200 for the doctor to do the injection. Doctor won't give me any pain meds because the DEA does not allow it. My primary care will not allow me to take anymore Tylenol bec ... Show Full Comment

3/6/2015 8:19:04 AM

Reviewer: judygutie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The first shots were very painful. The second ones, not so much. I am still going to have the third shots. I can already tell the difference in the paint - much, much less pain.

2/4/2015 2:52:10 PM

Reviewer: Animalhsz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Orthovisc bought me some extra time on my left knee before I eventually had to have a TKR. Using Orthovisc, I was able to postpone my TKR for approximately 2 - 2 1/2 years. I just received my first injection in my right knee as I also DJD on the right knee. Hoping for good results as well.

1/30/2015 10:47:33 AM

Reviewer: Irish Lass, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Woke up two months ago with pain in left knee. X-rays showed bone-on-bone, OA. Orthopaedic Surgeon tried a cortisone shot. Did strees "this may not work as everyone is different" It didn't. Have had three OrthoVisc injections and my doctor still feels they will work. So far - not working. Still hoping they will and they still could. I understand it takes a while for this to ... Show Full Comment

Does your kid have symptoms?