Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Proventil HFA inhalation.

9/10/2014 11:25:53 AM

Reviewer: highlyannoyed, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Why is there no counter with this inhaler anymore? This is absolutely crazy! There is no way you can tell how much is left in the container, so you can't plan ahead whether or not you need to have a new one on hand. I just took two puffs, but have no idea if there was anything left in the canister or not, so I had to call my doctor for a new script, just in case. I sure would like to know how ... Show Full Comment

7/14/2012 3:51:46 PM

Reviewer: Brugor, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have used it for about six months. I may be getting resistant to it. It used to last 6 hours, now only lasts about 4 hours. I tried Qvar inhaler and Singulair pills, which have no effect on me at all. Proventil is effective, although slower to act than the old albuterol.

6/6/2012 1:53:36 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Asthma
7/28/2011 11:50:40 PM

Reviewer: Gerbil89, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
When I feel an asthma attack coming, it helps within about 10 minutes, but the after effects drive me nuts. Sometimes I'd rather deal with the asthma attack. My hands shake, I get a headache, my heart starts racing and sometimes it makes it hard to BREATH. It works when I absolutely need it but I think I might try ProAir instead.

6/8/2011 1:26:35 AM

Reviewer: mmartin, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have had asthma for 22 years. In the past, I have only had to use my inhaler if I was ill or sometimes following exercise. I'm not sure if my asthma has gotten worse, or if it's a casualty of this replacement inhaler. The new Proventil HFA is NO WHERE CLOSE to being as effective as the old Albuterol inhalers. I am all for decreasing the amount of CFC's we release into the ozone, ... Show Full Comment