Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of atorvastatin oral.

7/19/2015 10:00:08 PM

Reviewer: R Dubz, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on an Atorvastatin as well as BP lowering meds for apprx 3 1/2 years now. My Cholesterol went from about 212 down to 122! This drug works! I have experienced minor muscle aches and pains in my legs but the benefits far outway the side effects. Besides, I have my GF run an Epson Salt bath and soak my aching muscles once every couple of weeks and I'm a happy guy..

6/13/2015 10:05:26 PM

Reviewer: Suzy C, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Have taken for 4 years. 7 months ago, began having severe muscle pain in upper left arm which I attributed to the flu shot. Pain continued & about a month ago, the same pain began in the right arm. Also, lots of pain in both hips for approximately 5 months. I quit taking for the last week and have not had nearly as much pain for the last couple of days. Will be calling my doctor.

6/8/2015 6:30:23 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    WHile this worked to help my husband's cholesterol, he had extreme memory issues. We thought he had developed dementia! NOT GOOD! Took him off the meds and saw immediate improvement. However, he is having problems with memory. I've read that damage can be permanent or take months to reverse. We do not recommend!

5/11/2015 5:43:56 AM

Reviewer: Hertsman, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this drug for 4 weeks now along with BP lowering drugs. Almost since day one I have been suffering stomach and bowel cramps and constipation. Nausea in the morning is common and belching follows every meal.I have also felt tired with muscle aches in the upper arms, back and legs. Now I am no spring chicken and expect some wear and tear to show in my day but the immediate reactio ... Show Full Comment

4/7/2015 10:22:56 AM

Reviewer: Renie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking Atorvastatin for over a month. My total cholesterol has gone from 221 to 169 which made me very happy. But I don't like the side effect I have been feeling. Cramps on my legs, Jaw Pain. Muscle Pain and Tiredness. I will be calling the doctor to discuss these feelings.