Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of rizatriptan Oral.

4/6/2014 3:12:37 PM

Reviewer: anony30, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I took Maxalt MLT for 10 years, and it was amazing, though very expensive. My migraines were gone within 10 minutes and never came back the next day. The only symptom was lightheadedness for a couple of minutes, but not severe at all. I was fully functional for the rest of the day after taking brand name Maxalt. I was very happy when a generic came out, Rizatriptan Benzoate by Glenmark generi ... Show Full Comment

2/18/2014 11:36:06 AM

Reviewer: lhudson, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Makes me sleepy but this drug works wonders. I used to throw up if I had my sumatriptan without food but now I can wake up right away in the morning and take rizatriptan (dissolvable kind) and feel great within a couple hours. Best migraine treatment I have found yet. Take with Aleve to keep away repeat headaches and reduce inflammation.

2/17/2014 12:55:14 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I used Relpax until my insurance would not cover it anymore. My doc switch to Rizatriptan. It does not work for me. Wish I could get my Relpax back.

2/6/2014 7:47:17 PM

Reviewer: BBB999, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've been a Maxalt user for 9 years until the generic Riz came out, which of course my insurance had me switch too. Riz takes longer to kick in -- about 45 mins. and does take the pain away, however rebound headaches are more prevalent with Riz. I take twice as many pills because of the rebounds lasting longer. In the past I could take 2 Maxalts/day whereas now I'm taking 3-4 Riz. Not ... Show Full Comment

12/6/2013 11:36:17 PM

Reviewer: lyalche, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
My insurance only allows me to get 9 pills per month, so sometimes I end up in the emergency room because I don not have any more pills, which I found ridiculously.