Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of rizatriptan oral.

2/6/2014 7:47:17 PM

Reviewer: BBB999, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I've been a Maxalt user for 9 years until the generic Riz came out, which of course my insurance had me switch too. Riz takes longer to kick in -- about 45 mins. and does take the pain away, however rebound headaches are more prevalent with Riz. I take twice as many pills because of the rebounds lasting longer. In the past I could take 2 Maxalts/day whereas now I'm taking 3-4 Riz. Not ... Show Full Comment

12/6/2013 11:36:17 PM

Reviewer: lyalche, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
My insurance only allows me to get 9 pills per month, so sometimes I end up in the emergency room because I don not have any more pills, which I found ridiculously.

9/29/2013 7:17:21 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Maxalt MLT but insurance will not pay for it any more. This drug seems to work just as well. It takes longer to melt, but seems to work ok. I have only used it 3 or 4 times. So far, so good.

6/18/2013 5:46:31 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I started this medication as Maxalt over 15 years ago. I used the MLT (melts on the tongue) version until my insurance stopped covering MLT. The tablets take longer to kick in, but are just as effective. I've recently switched to generic which seem to make me drowsy, unlike the formulary.

5/23/2013 1:43:46 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Since I have a dry mouth because of other medications, I start the tablet on my tongue, then drink some water. I may need to re-read directions as to timing of taking the med; sometimes I wait too long to take it. I do not wish to take any medication too quickly as I already have a pharmacopia of medications that I take.

Woman running
Boost Your Metabolism.
Tips to kick the habit.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.